Special Blog Post:
The Seven Things Lists
Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1. Go a whole semester without making an arithmetic mistake in a math class.
2. Go a whole day without making an ass of myself (see above for an application).
3. Write a book that sells more than a hundred copies.
4. Be conversant in two dozen distinct languages.
5. Publish a post that has no grammatical errors.
6. See competence return to the Presidency.
7. Host a radio show.
Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Stay in close quarters where a radio, stereo, or television is running.
2. Leave teaching as a profession.
3. Watch the same movie twice.
4. Sit in full lotus position.
5. Straighten my nose.
6. Sleep for more than about 4 hours at a stretch.
7. Accomplish all that I need to accomplish in a timely manner.
Seven Things That Attract Me to Blogging
1. It develops my writing skills.
2. I meet very interesting, informed people.
3. I can inform others and myself about a variety of subjects.
4. Blogging seems to annoy extremists (who almost never have the temerity to counter me here).
5. I can weird people out with references to myself in the third person.
6. Blogging gives me a focal point for developing my Website architecture skills.
7. It gives me something to do while I watch over my online classes.
Seven Things I Say Most Often
2. "It's Bill Gates's universe; I'm just a hacker in it."
4. "Well, that was different."
5. "Good morning." (or "afternoon" or "evening," as the case may be)
7. "Am I having a small stroke, or did somebody just turn the reality dial?"
Seven Books That I Love
1. Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales, by Ray Bradbury
2. Cambridge History of Medieval English Literature, Edited by David Wallace
3. Complete Works of Geoffrey Chaucer Part, Vol. 1 & Vol. 2, by Geoffrey Chaucer (Edited by Walter W. Skeat)
4. The Faerie Queene, by Edmund Spencer
5. History of English, by Jonathan and Jona Culpeper
6. Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics, by Kevin Chiang
7. World Poetry: An Anthology of Verse from Antiquity to Our Time, Edited by Katharine Washburn et al.
Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again
I cannot watch a movie more than once anymore. Before I got to this point, I watched some movies two or three times. These are the ones I recall seeing more than once:
2. The Hunger
4. The Seventh Seal (Det Sjunde Inseglet)
5.-7. The Evil Dead Trilogy
Seven People I Want To Join In Too
1. misty at expostulation
2. PoliShifter at Pissed on Politics
3. Liz at BlondeSense
4. The Fat Lady Sings at The Fat Lady Sings
5. Ms. Julien at Julien's List
6. Canuk at Canadian Perspective
7. Lizzy at Night Bird's Fountain
The Dark Wraith has thus responded to and passed on this challenge.